Monday, April 9, 2007

Thanks from me too

I tried so hard to get my afghan/wrap finished by Easter Sunday, but alas, I still have 80 more inches of seaming to do and numerous ends to weave in. Sewing it together was a mammoth project and took much longer than I anticipated. Also, I've sewn two squares in the wrong way so the mistake is very obvious. Unfortunately, the seam between these two squares and their neighbours is in the most difficult yarn to untangle (you know, one of those mohair types that sticks and sheds) so I don't know if I'll be able to separate them and put them in their correct places. I think it would be easier to adopt the Amish attitude of having at least one mistake in a quilt, because only God is perfect! :-)

On a happier note, I finished a scarf, a baby's shrug, and almost finished my first pair of socks knit in the round - I just have to use Kitchener stitch on the toes.

Thanks for putting this KAL together, and thanks to everyone who participated. I already do most of my knitting for charity and have joined an Australian Yahoo group for further support and sharing: knit4charities.

Come over and visit my blog anytime. God bless you all.

1 comment:

Renee said...

Thank you so much for joining us! G'day Mate!