Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Pretty Circles

I'm still working on the prayer shawl for my church, about 50% complete. Last evening I attended a meeting for the prayer shawl ministry and ended up bringing home about 40,000 yards of yarn to wind. No, that isn't a typo. Several people, present company included have acquired large cones of yarn from a factory here. The cones aren't practical to knit from and there aren't enough cones to go around. So since I own a winder I offered to wind them as part of my service to the church. It isn't all that difficult and I can do it at my leisure. My girl keeps call the giant cones "pretty circles" and that they are.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Seriously? WOW. That's a... that's an endeavor. But good for you. Question- does winding the yarn count as your charity knitting time ;-)?