Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Hello Out There!

I'm a late joiner and this is my first time posting, but I wanted to say hello! I'm involved in several KALs besides L for L but this one definitely has the most heart. Which is to be expected, as it's put on by the fabulous Miz Knotty, who is nothin' but heart, baby!
Due to the lateness of my arrival, I got right on the charitable knitting last Thursday night and worked my way through a chemo cap in about a day and a half. Then promptly gave it to my LYS (who collects the caps for the local hospital) without taking any pictures. Whoops!
I used Patons Canadiana in "Light Juniper" and I must admit, the yarn wasn't what I hoped. I'm not a fan of acrylic, but I'm no acrylic snob, either, and I'll happily use it when the occasion demands it. And the Patons seemed promising. Besides being a pretty, Springy color, the Patons felt soft.
It was not soft. It felt stiffer when knit then it did in the hank and I can't tell you why. It's still wearable, but overall, I'm finding a different yarn today to start a second hat.
There's my greeting to the KAL. L for L: good! Patons Canadiana: not so good!

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Hello, I was also a late starter so welcome from me! Like you, I am not a yarn snob but some acrylics... Try using the Candiana on larger needles - it may help! :-)

Renee said...

Thanks Em! So glad to have you join us!