Friday, March 2, 2007

Hello from Australia

Hi all

I'm pleased to be joining with like-minded people. I knit for an organisation called Wrap with Love. They send wraps all over the world. The requirement is a wrap (afghan) 70 inches x 40 inches - big projects that take quite a while; I average six wraps per year. Maybe I can get one completed during Lent - can I count one that was started before Ash Wednesday? It is made up of 112 squares (5in x 5in) knit on the diagonal. I had 20 squares done before I joined this KAL. It's very humid at this time of year (autumn began 1 March) in western Sydney so small squares are ideal - no knitting laying on my lap! :-)

I also knit teddies for Operation Christmas Child, a ministry of Samaritans' Purse.

I'm keen to knit Chemo Caps - if I can find anywhere in Sydney that's interested in accepting my kind donation! :-)

Please visit my blog to see more of what I've been doing knit-wise.

No comments: