Friday, March 23, 2007

afghan "finished"

Well, it's not really finished. I completed the knitting three days ago, but I still have to sew most of those 112 squares together and darn in the ends, then it will be truly finished. I will post a photo when I have completed the project (goal date 31 March).

Over the last couple of days I have knitted three squares (10 x 10 inches) for another afghan and made some sample swatches for a lace wrap.

This morning I was awake really early so I got up while it was still dark. I couldn't face sewing squares or knitting squares, so I started a baby shrug to give to the local Tresillian. Blow me down, it will take longer to knit than a square for the afghan. The body is 80 stitches per row for 200 rows and the cuffs are 40 stitches per row for 16 rows each. It doesn't sound like much but using baby yarn on 3.25mm (US 3) needles, it doesn't grow very much. Ah well, we live and learn and hopefully many babies will be warmed by the finished project.

No comments: