Thursday, March 15, 2007

Progress! Progress! Progress!




Here is the prayer shawl I've been working on. I am putting the finishing touches on it now. It seemed a little narrow so I'm adding a ruffle trim all the way around to make it larger. I hope the ruffle will also make it look larger even if the overall effect doesn't add that much width to the garment. I'm planning on making another pass at the edges to make the ruffle even larger. The color is a little hard to define but the name of it is "Flamingo" and it does look like the color of real ones, not the bright pink plastic ones we typically see in Aunt Marge's yard.
I have already started another one. I needed to sample some yarn that I've been winding for the church to make sure that it was knit/crochet worthy so I began another just to give it a test run. I like it even more than this one.

1 comment:

Minnesota Mazzio's said...

It looks great. I love it. I have hestitated in making them as I have never done one but I feel inspired now.

Casey