Monday, February 26, 2007

What I'm working on...

My first project is a prayer shawl for my church's ministry. I'm using some rayon chenille that I got in large cones for $2 a pound. It's a lovely soft pink and will make someone very happy, I hope. It took me a while to settle on the pattern but I chose a crochet one from the Prayer Shawl book that Lion Brand has out ans is available from our church library. It is turning out rather well. I will post a picture in a few days. I haven't decided what I will do next.

I was chatting with a lady at Barnes and Noble today who said that she knits for the local hospitals maternity wards. She makes buntings and matching hats for newborns who've passed away. What a wonderful thing to do to help ease the grief of a mother. You just never know all the ways that someone shares their talents to bless others.

No comments: